First step would be to prevent theft:
- First, in order to avoid your bike getting stolen, we recommend using a solid lock. You can add an ABUS Bordo 6000 lock to your order when buying your Ampler, which offers a good middle ground between weight, ease of use and security.
- Never park your bike in isolated places. Make sure to lock your bike tightly onto a fixed object. There should be the least amount of space possible between frame, lock and fixed object.
- Consider getting a bike insurance like Qover when buying your Ampler, or ask your household insurance if it covers bike theft.
- Authorise yourself as the owner of your Ampler to unlock security features like locking the power button. Here we describe how to do it.
For our Generation 2 models, we offer connectivity features, which are controlled via our app 2.0 and made possible by the GSM and GPS modules in the bike. After authorisation as owner via the app, location and internet services are enabled – including tracking (depending on the availability of LTE-M and 2G service connection in your area) and movement alerts.
For these models, we recommend that you always leave the location services activated and lock the power button via the app when you park your bike.
This ensures that the Ampler, if a connection is available, can be tracked and the button can not be used, thus blocking the motor functions.
The procedure described below applies to Generation 2, as well as to Generation 1 models:
If the bike gets stolen:
- Report the theft to your local police.
- Send us the frame number or any other proof of ownership, e.g., order number.
OUR POLICY IN GENERAL:Extras and all Ampler-specific technology such as motor, battery, sensor, and controllers can be sold only to a person who has the bike certificate or an order confirmation (either from Ampler or previous owner). In general, we ask for the frame number or any other proof of ownership on all bike-related service requests.
How can Ampler help?
When someone contacts us requesting service for a stolen bike:
- We will inform the original owner and ask them for a copy of the police report.
- We will contact the police with the report number and hand out all available details we have.
- We will continue to work with police the best we can.
What we can’t do:
- We are not allowed to forward any data from the previous owner nor the existing owner to each other, due to the data protection laws.
- We can’t help with filing a police report after the bike gets stolen.
- We can’t help if there is no police report.
Keep your bike safe!