Similar to chain maintenance, these maintenance tips are part of the regular maintenance of your e-bike and increase the life of your battery.
We made a video with tips & information about how to take care of your battery and how to spot normal battery behaviour:
Here are some of these tips in writing:
- If you do not use your Ampler e-bike regularly, you have to charge the battery every 5 to 6 weeks, for Generation 2 Bikes, every 2 weeks. Otherwise, the battery can be damaged.
- The battery prefers to be stored at a capacity of 40% - 80%.
- Store it in a dry place, especially in winter. This does not have to be a specially heated room, but we recommend that you do not store it in places with a temperature below 0° C. Direct sunlight should also be avoided.
- Shut down your Generation 2 bike in the app when you are not using it – this way, the GSM/GPS module will stop sending data and the bike will stop self-discharging. Of course, you should only do this when your bike is in a safe place, as it disables the location services. To restart the bike after a complete shutdown, you must connect the charger and switch the bike on again.
- The charging process should always take place in a dry and not too cold environment, but always above at least 0° C. The charger should ideally be stored in your living area.
- It is advisable to give your Ampler e-bike some time to warm up after a ride in the cold before charging the battery.
- By the way: The battery and motor power cannot fully develop in the cold. So don't worry about a shorter range on cold winter days, this is due to the cold and is common with lithium-ion batteries. In summer, your Ampler e-bike will regain its full performance.