A firmware restart clears up your connection and starts it fresh. You can do this through the button or the app. Here is how it works through the button:
On Generation 1 models (button on the seat tube)
To restart your firmware:
- Hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds (20 seconds if you have a model before 2017) until the LED light turns off along with the bike. Don't let go earlier.
- Models with new firmware: when the bike is switched off, the LED does not turn off during this process, but a restart still takes place as soon as you release the power button after approx. 10 seconds.
- On models with our previous firmware, the LED changes to red and turns off, regardless of whether the bike is on or off. Please note the warning for accidentally disabling the factory calibration. Please make sure to update your bike's firmware as soon as possible.
- Turn the bike on again from the power button or let it charge a while, if the battery has run out
- Check the connection via your app and see if everything works as it should
Watch this video to see how it works, please note that this video reflects the switched-on state. If you have the new firmware, the bike behaves differently in the switched-off state – as mentioned above.
For Generation 2 models (button on the top tube below the display)
- Hold the button down for ~8 seconds until the restart icon appears .
- Let go of the button.
- Your Ampler restarts the firmware.
- Switch the bike back on using the power button or let it charge for a while if the battery is empty.
- Check the connection with the app and see if everything is OK.